The 10th month of the Gregorian calendar was the 8th month of the Roman calendar. Therefore, it got its name from the word ‘octa’, which means digit eight. People born in October have their Zodiac sign, either Libra or Scorpio. The lucky stone for them opal and calendula is their lucky flower. It is the autumn season in the northern hemisphere and is the same as April in the southern hemisphere. The October story must unfold when it’s time to design the printable calendar for October 2020. So let’s begin.
The first place on the calendar is of reminders, of course. So, designate a corner of your choice to this header. Here you will list down all the upcoming meetings, appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, parties, and all that you want. Choose a color scheme for the printable that will depict your taste and everything you love about October. Maybe you have not found anything to love October yet. But you will surely have many after you reach the end of this article.
Let’s begin with the special days which people all over the world celebrate. So here is the list:
Important days of October
- Yom Kippur
- Child health day
- Columbus day
- United nations day
- Hermit day
- Mischief night
- UNICEF day
- International coffee day
- Name your car day
- Do something nice day
- Teacher’s day
- Mad hatter day
- Apple day
- Fire prevention week
Decide on the days to celebrate from the days listed above. Then mark them on October 2020 printable calendar. With that, some things are famous for the whole month of October, and you can also set them as your resolution or goal of the month. See the list first and we will talk the rest later:
It’s a month of:
- American cheese
- National applejack
- Popcorn popping
- American pharmacist
- Breast cancer awareness
- Cyber security awareness
- Domestic violence awareness
- Little people awareness
- Lupus awareness
- Eczema awareness
- Positive awareness
- Filipino-American history
- Italian-American heritage
- German-American heritage
- Hispanic heritage
- Polish-American heritage
- Arts and humanities
You can choose healthy eating from the things above, and you can also contribute to the well-being of society. This way you will do something positive in this month. But after you decide, you must schedule your activity on the October 2020 printable calendar. With that, you must also experience a few exciting facts about October. See the list below, and I hope you have never experienced many of the facts written below:
Interesting facts about October
- Saxons call it Wintirfyllith because October has the first full moon of winter.
- Leaves of the trees now change their color.
- If deer have a gray coat in October, the winter is going to be hard.
- Hillary Clinton, Alfred Nobel, Bill Gates, Christopher Columbus, Mahatma Gandhi, and Julia Roberts were born in October.
- October ends every year on the same day of the week as February ends.
List down the facts written above on the October 2020 printable calendar. This way, you can plan early and enjoy freely. For your entertainment, we have gathered a list of famous festivals from all around the world. If you want a break from work, you must attend one of them. See the festival list below:
Here is the list of festivals:
- Deepavali Festival – Singapore: The important celebration of Hindus is celebrated on a large scale in Singapore’s Indian enclave. The event is full of lights, food, street parades, cultural activities, performances, fireworks, and specialized markets. The event is celebrated throughout October.
- Dia de Los Muertos – Mexico: With the belief that the dead people can visit the living, this festival is to celebrate life and honor the dead. Feasts, offerings, and alters take place all around the country. Tourists enjoy face painting, decorated skulls, traditional food, and dancing processions. The event continues from October 31 till November 2.
- Festival Kreol – Seychelles: This island festival in the Indian Ocean is full of creole food, cultural performances, rhythm and food, painting, poetry, and gastronomic events. The festival continues in the last week of October.
- Oktoberfest – Germany: The event begins on September 19 and ends on October 4. The opening and ending of the events are marvelous, so if you want to be a part of it, you must be there on any of it. In between days have family days, parades, concerts, food, and much more.
Choose an event to attend in October and be a part of it. This way, you can have a warm start of the winter season. When you plan, note it on the October 2020 printable calendar before you download it. Stay comfortable, stay fresh…