The 5th month of the year is named after the Greek goddess of fertility Maia. Romans celebrate the festival of Bona Dea in May for their goddess of fertility. So the name of the month can be linked to both ancient civilizations. Taurus or Gemini are birthstones of people born in May. Their lucky stone is Emerald, and the lucky flower is Lily of the Valley. See more information to list on the May 2020 printable calendar in the article below.
Set out some resolution to achieve this May. This can be learning something new or making a health goal. If you find it difficult to set a goal to achieve, don’t worry. We can also help you out with it. The list below relates to things that are famous about May. See which of the following you can set as a goal of May 2020:
It’s a month of:
- Asian-Pacific American heritage
- ALS awareness
- Chocolate custard
- Loaded potato
- International Mediterranean diet
- Better hearing and speech
- Hepatitis awareness
- Brain tumor awareness
- Community action awareness
- Mental health awareness
- Skin cancer awareness
- Stroke awareness
- National blood pressure
- Date your mate
- Electronic safety
- Garden for wildlife
- Haitian heritage
- Jewish American heritage
- Military appreciation
- Older Americans
- International respect for chickens
- World safety
- World trade
Choose the ones you want to select as May 2020 resolution and add them all at a designated section on the printable calendar. Also, don’t forget to schedule them according to your busy routine. With that, you must also prepare for the important days of May to celebrate their festivity. We have put them all in the list below so that you don’t miss any of it:
Important days of May
- May day
- Mother’s day
- National teacher day
- Victoria day
- Memorial day
- Cinco de Mayo
With all these amazing days, don’t forget to list down your personal reminders. List down them on reminders portion on to the May 2020 printable calendar. These can be your meetings, birthdays, anniversaries, conferences, appointments, and traveling schedule. Let’s move towards some exciting facts of May so that you don’t miss out any fun. See the list below, maybe you would experience something this time:
Exciting facts of May
- The last month of spring.
- It is the same as October in the southern hemisphere.
- In old times, May was a bad luck month to get married.
- Cows can be milked 3 times a day in May.
- The last week of May is celebrated as Library and Information Week.
- Traditionally, May is devoted to the Virgin Mary in Roman Catholic Churches.
- No US president died in May ever.
- There is International Day of Idleness on May 2.
- Blue jeans were invented officially in May.
- Queen Victoria was born in May.
The fun doesn’t end here. You must take a break from your busy routine and experience something new. There are a lot of festivals and events in May throughout the world which you must attend at least once in life. You have to schedule the events well before time so that it is easy for you to leave work at that time. For this purpose, assign a corner at May 2020 printable calendar. This way, you will plan your tickets, trip shopping, packing, and everything quickly. So let’s see the exciting events of May below:
Here is the list of festivals:
- Stars of the White Nights – Russia: The first and Foremost music festival includes opera, ballet, theatrical premiers, chamber music, and symphony orchestras. With that, all-night street parties, long museum nights, and costumed re-enactments continue from May 23 to July 29.
- Brighton Festival – England: The celebration of music, dance, theatre, film, art, literature, debate, circus, and much more. It’s the largest multi-arts annual festival in England. Lasts between May 5-27.
- Vienna Festival – Australia: The most significant festival in Australia lasts between May 11 to June 17. For more than 65 years, this event is a big hit. There is an open-air concert in front of the Vienna city hall, and that is free of cost. The event also hosts 30 productions of dance, music, and theater.
- Oi Rio Pro – Brazil: It is one of the biggest surfing competition in the world. Brings best surfers from all around the world for all surfing enthusiasts. Goes around May 10-21.
- Cinco de Mayo – USA: The festival is to celebrate the victory of Mexico at Puebla battle over France. Everyone celebrates with food, music, parade, and folkoring dancing. The event is on May 5.
Choose the festival of your interest to attend. But you must attend one before the summer begins. Enjoy the spring fully because it is ending now. And don’t forget to plan everything well before time on May 2020 printable calendar before you download it. Stay happy, stay joyful!