The last month of the Gregorian calendar was once the tenth month. The name came from the Latin word ‘decem’ which means tenth. People born in December have either Sagittarius or Capricorn as their Zodiac birth sign. The lucky flower for these people is Narcissus or Holy, and their lucky stone is Turquoise. It is a winter season in the northern hemisphere and is the same as June in the southern hemisphere. December comes with many occasions to celebrate. Let’s take a look at them here:
Important days of December
- Make a gift day
- Give a secret day
- Cookie day
- Pearl harbor day
- International hug day
- Monkey day
- Forefather’s day
- Pretend to be a time traveler day
- Bathtub party day
- Boxing day
- Special education day
- World wildlife conservation day
- World AIDS day
- New year’s eve
Mark on the printable calendar the days you want to celebrate in December 2020. This way, there is no chance to miss any fun. Also, don’t forget to mark personal reminders on it. These can be appointments, meetings, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, weddings, exams, or anything else. The whole month of December is also dedicated to celebrate many fruitful things. Let’s have a look at them too.
It’s a month of:
- Human rights
- Fruit cake
- Egg nog
- Tropical fruits
- Root vegetables
- Exotic fruits
- Noodle ring
- Cooked grasshoppers
- Worldwide food service safety
- Write to a friend
- Hi neighbor
- Spiritual literacy
- Read a new book
- Safe Toys and gifts
- Made in America
- Wear brown shoes
- Poor looking winter
- National tie
- Learn a foreign language
- National write a business plan
- National drunk and drugged driving prevention
- Procrastination awareness
- Handwashing awareness
- Calendar awareness
You can choose any one of the above as a thing to learn this month. Or it can be your resolution of the month in favor of mankind. Set out those you want to do and schedule them on December 2020 printable calendar. With this scheduling, you will be able to manage this extra activity easily within your busy routine. Also, you must experience some hilarious, funny, and exciting facts about December. Let’s see what they are:
Interesting facts about December
- Last month of the year but the first month of winter.
- It’s the beginning month for cold weather, including rain and snow.
- Most of the people get off days from Christmas to New Year’s Eve.
- The shortest day of the year and the longest night of the year is in December.
- If Christmas is a snowy day, Easter will be warm and sunny.
- Some people assume December 28 is the unluckiest day of the year.
- Spiders and spider’s web is a good luck sign on Christmas.
- Some ancient traditions believe that forest animals can speak in human language on Christmas Eve.
- The maximum number of marriage proposals are accepted in December than any other month.
- The UK experiences the least sunshine in December.
- People make cash withdrawals more in December than in any other month.
List down all of them or any few of your interest on the December 2020 printable calendar. So that you don’t miss out on any of the fun. With that, you must take part in any of the world-famous festival of December apart from the New Year. So that the winter doesn’t come cold and static to you. We have listed down a few events for you here, which may match your interest. So let’s learn about them:
Here is the list of festivals:
- Fête de l’Escalade – Switzerland: Traditionally, this is celebrated on the second weekend of December, which is closest to 11 and 12. This is to celebrate the defeat of the invading enemy, who attempted to attack the inhabitants of Geneva back in 1602. The revealers dress up in historical costumes and bang drums.
- Al Dhafra Festival – UAE: It’s the world’s biggest camel beauty pageant. Camels are adorned with beautiful costumes and jewelry. The prettiest, the fattest, and the most prolific milk producer is the apple of the eye of wealthy persons. The event continues from mid of December till January. There is also a lot of local crafts, culture, and cuisine.
- Hogmanay – Scotland: It is a street party that continues for three nights after Christmas in the city of Edinburgh. There is a lot of fireworks, music, torchlight parades. With that, the holiday market makes it a must-visit place in December.
So plan your month well before time on December 2020 printable calendar because there is really a lot to do. So buy the tickets, pack your bags, do shopping, take off from work, and make the end of 2020 as exciting as possible. The one you can never forget the rest of your life. Stay happy, stay young…